Beef Roast with Gravy Recipe
- 1 pound fresh baby carrots
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 beef rump roast or bottom round roast (3 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 jar (12 ounces) beef gravy
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup water
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1. Place carrots and mushrooms in a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. Sprinkle roast with garlic powder and pepper. In a large skillet, brown roast in oil on all sides. Transfer to slow cooker.
- 2. Combine the gravy, mushroom soup, water and onion soup mix; pour over roast. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender. Skim fat from gravy if necessary; serve gravy with beef. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 314 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 106mg cholesterol, 995mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 36g protein.
Reviews for Beef Roast with Gravy
"This makes an excellent gravy and it has a pleasing flavor!!"
"Very tasty dish!! The only issue was that my roast never seemed to be fork tender. Still good, but I am used to a fork tender roast. Might have been the cut of meat though."
"Big disappointment. The gravy was runny and way too salty. Will look for a different recipe for fixing a roast next time."
"This has become a stand by at least once a weak. My family wants to eat the gravey with a spoon!"
"Yummy! Definitely worth making!~ Theresa"
"Excellent! The family couldn't get enough of it!"
"The gravy was not very good tasting... I don't think the cream of mushroom soup was a good idea.. I will find another receip.."