Beef Roast with Gravy Recipe
- 1 pound fresh baby carrots
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 beef rump roast or bottom round roast (3 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 jar (12 ounces) beef gravy
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup water
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1. Place carrots and mushrooms in a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. Sprinkle roast with garlic powder and pepper. In a large skillet, brown roast in oil on all sides. Transfer to slow cooker.
- 2. Combine the gravy, mushroom soup, water and onion soup mix; pour over roast. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender. Skim fat from gravy if necessary; serve gravy with beef. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 314 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 106mg cholesterol, 995mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 36g protein.
Reviews for Beef Roast with Gravy
"This makes an excellent gravy and it has a pleasing flavor!!"
"Very tasty dish!! The only issue was that my roast never seemed to be fork tender. Still good, but I am used to a fork tender roast. Might have been the cut of meat though."
"Big disappointment. The gravy was runny and way too salty. Will look for a different recipe for fixing a roast next time."
"This has become a stand by at least once a weak. My family wants to eat the gravey with a spoon!"
"Yummy! Definitely worth making!~ Theresa"
"Excellent! The family couldn't get enough of it!"
"The gravy was not very good tasting... I don't think the cream of mushroom soup was a good idea.. I will find another receip.."
"This recipe is everything you want, easy, quick and amazingly delicious. As some others did, I browned the seasoned roast in butter, then browned carrots and onion quarters in the drippings. Placed those in the crock pot and deglazed the pan with one cup red wine and the soups. Poured over the roast. Six hours on high and it was awesome."
"LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THIS!!!!! SO DELICIOUS AND TENDER!!!! MY FAMILY LOVED IT!!!!!!I seasoned my roast with garlic powder and seasoning salt before I browned it. I did not put the mushrooms and carrots in although I will next time! Also, I did thicken the gravy slightly."
"LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THIS!!!!! SO DELICIOUS AND TENDER!!!! MY FAMILY LOVED IT!!!!!!I seasoned my roast with garlic powder and seasoning salt before I browned it. I did not put the mushrooms and carrots in although I will next time!"
"Great recipe. Would use low sodium next time."
"My family loved this roast and gravy recipe. When we are hungry for a pot roast, this is the recipe I make."
"Made it today and it was delicious. This is a keeper!"
"Gravy has great flavor and easy recipe"
"Just made this and everyone loved it!"
"easy and great! My whole family loved it."
"It was easy, but smelled and tasted like I had been working all day in the kitchen. We will do this one over and over. We had mashed potatoes with the roast because the gravy is so good."
"I made this for my 88-year-old dad yesterday and he loved it. So did my brother. I added 1 can of whole mushrooms to give it additional texture and it was AWESOME. The gravy was a little runny at the end of 8 hours so I added a bit of corn starch mixed with water to the gravy and stirred it in after I removed the roast. It provided 2 full days of meals."