- 1 pound fresh baby carrots
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 beef rump roast or bottom round roast (3 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 jar (12 ounces) beef gravy
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup water
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- Place carrots and mushrooms in a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. Sprinkle roast with garlic powder and pepper. In a large skillet, brown roast in oil on all sides. Transfer to slow cooker.
- Combine the gravy, mushroom soup, water and onion soup mix; pour over roast. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender. Skim fat from gravy if necessary; serve gravy with beef. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forBeef Roast with Gravy
"Very tasty. I did not add the water the recipe called for and I still needed to thicken my gravy. Other than that I made as directed. Roast was tender and the gravy was very tasty."
"Used a 7 quart slow cooker and added potatoes and celery. Next time I'd like to add quartered onions, too. The gravy is pretty runny, might try to thicken it with cornstarch on the stove next time."
"This makes an excellent gravy and it has a pleasing flavor!!"
"Very tasty dish!! The only issue was that my roast never seemed to be fork tender. Still good, but I am used to a fork tender roast. Might have been the cut of meat though."
"Big disappointment. The gravy was runny and way too salty. Will look for a different recipe for fixing a roast next time."
"This has become a stand by at least once a weak. My family wants to eat the gravey with a spoon!"
"Yummy! Definitely worth making!~ Theresa"
"Excellent! The family couldn't get enough of it!"
"The gravy was not very good tasting... I don't think the cream of mushroom soup was a good idea.. I will find another receip.."