- 1 pound fresh baby carrots
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 beef rump roast or bottom round roast (3 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 jar (12 ounces) beef gravy
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup water
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- Place carrots and mushrooms in a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. Sprinkle roast with garlic powder and pepper. In a large skillet, brown roast in oil on all sides. Transfer to slow cooker.
- Combine the gravy, mushroom soup, water and onion soup mix; pour over roast. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender. Skim fat from gravy if necessary; serve gravy with beef. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forBeef Roast with Gravy
"This makes an excellent gravy and it has a pleasing flavor!!"
"Very tasty dish!! The only issue was that my roast never seemed to be fork tender. Still good, but I am used to a fork tender roast. Might have been the cut of meat though."
"Big disappointment. The gravy was runny and way too salty. Will look for a different recipe for fixing a roast next time."
"This has become a stand by at least once a weak. My family wants to eat the gravey with a spoon!"
"Yummy! Definitely worth making!~ Theresa"
"Excellent! The family couldn't get enough of it!"
"The gravy was not very good tasting... I don't think the cream of mushroom soup was a good idea.. I will find another receip.."