- 1 pound red potatoes (3-4 medium), cubed
- 1-1/2 cups fresh baby carrots
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium parsnip, chopped
- 1/4 pound small fresh mushrooms
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 beef rump roast or bottom round roast (3 pounds)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Place vegetables in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Cut roast in half; place over vegetables. Mix broth and seasonings; pour over roast. Cook, covered, on low until meat and vegetables are tender, 7-9 hours.
- Remove roast and vegetables from slow cooker; keep warm. Transfer cooking juices to a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Mix cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into cooking juices. Return to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Serve with roast and vegetables. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forBeef Roast Dinner
"Excellent. A new family favorite! The meat falls apart and the flavors are amazing. I add a half packet of pot roast slow cooker seasoning to add a little extra flavor."
"I have never cooked roast beef in a crock pot until trying this recipe. It was delicious! I loved how tender the meat came out. Will surely be using this again soon!"
"This was very tasty. I've been looking for a recipe to help me out when I'm giving one day notice to prepare a meal for a crew who are coming to help out on the ranch. This is the recipe"
"Just the right amount of oregano. This makes the toughest, cheapest cut of beef fall apart. You could even use a steer's hoofs and it would melt in your mouth."
"Too much oregano and I did by a cheaper meat-rump, it was not tender."
"Very good recipe. I tweeked it just a little with more potatoes and carrots, and a splash of worcestershire sauce. This is a keeper."
"I made this for dinner last night and it was great! Only two of us in the family! We are having leftovers tonight! Excellent recipe and fun to make!"
"This recipe is very easy to make and turns out incredibly delicious. My entire family waits for it when they know I'm making it, and helps me get through the cooking part. This recipe is a keeper, for sure."