Beef, Rice and Chili Casserole
There's nothing to assembling this hearty, satisfying dish. Men especially like it—they never leave the table hungry!—June Howard, Athol, Idaho
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 can (15-ounce) chili con carne with beans
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- Few drops hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (14-1/2-ounce) Mexican-style stewed tomatoes
- 1 to 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 cups corn chips
- In a skillet, cook ground beef, celery, onion, green pepper and garlic until meat is browned and vegetables are tender; drain. Stir in rice, chili, mayonnaise, hot pepper sauce, salt and tomatoes. Pour mixture into a 2-1/2-qt. casserole. Bake at 350° for 35-45 minutes or until heated through. Top with cheese and corn chips. Return to oven for 3 to 4 minutes or until cheese is melted. Let stand a few minutes before serving.
Originally published as Beef, Rice and Chili Casserole in Country Ground Beef
Feb 27, 2018
really like this. would add more tomatoes and add some green chili's next time
Nov 17, 2013
Made this for a potluck at work and it went fast. Good comfort food on a cold day.