Beef Rib Roast Recipe
"Our mom-Elizabeth Lorenz Abel-topped beef roast with bacon and onion," says Betty Abel Jellencich from Utica, New York. "Whenever I prepare it, I can't help but reminisce about the wonderful life she gave me and my brothers."
- 1 bone-in beef rib roast (4 to 5 pounds)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 6 to 8 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips
- 1. Place roast, fat side up, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Rub with garlic, salt and pepper; top with onion and bacon.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 2-3 hours or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- 3. Transfer to warm serving platter. Let stand for 10-15 minutes before slicing. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews for Beef Rib Roast
Reviewed Jan. 1, 2013
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC