- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 pound plum tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup red wine or additional beef broth
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (20 ounces) refrigerated cheese ravioli
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the tomatoes, broth, wine or additional broth, tomato paste, rosemary, sugar, garlic and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- Cook ravioli according to package directions; drain. Top with meat sauce. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forBeef Ragu with Ravioli
"Very good meal. Pair with a good cab red wine and this dish is to die for."
"The best sauce recipe I have found so far. This needs less beef and more sauce, so I have modified to my taste. The red wine makes this very yummy! ;)"