Beef Ragu with Ravioli
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 40 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 pound plum tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup red wine or additional beef broth
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (20 ounces) refrigerated cheese ravioli
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the tomatoes, broth, wine, tomato paste, rosemary, sugar, garlic and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- Cook ravioli according to package directions; drain. Serve with meat sauce. Sprinkle with cheese if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 672 calories, 21g fat (10g saturated fat), 112mg cholesterol, 1181mg sodium, 74g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 7g fiber), 44g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 27, 2018
Absolutely delicious! I have made this several times and the key is the fresh rosemary. I'm sure you can use dried rosemary in a pinch but the fresh rosemary really makes this very flavorful. I often crave this dish in the Fall
Nov 2, 2010
Very good meal. Pair with a good cab red wine and this dish is to die for.
Jun 11, 2010
The best sauce recipe I have found so far. This needs less beef and more sauce, so I have modified to my taste. The red wine makes this very yummy! ;)