Beef Ragu with Ravioli
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 40 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 pound plum tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup red wine or additional beef broth
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (20 ounces) refrigerated cheese ravioli
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the tomatoes, broth, wine, tomato paste, rosemary, sugar, garlic and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- Cook ravioli according to package directions; drain. Serve with meat sauce. Sprinkle with cheese if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 672 calories, 21g fat (10g saturated fat), 112mg cholesterol, 1181mg sodium, 74g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 7g fiber), 44g protein.
Jul 27, 2018
Absolutely delicious! I have made this several times and the key is the fresh rosemary. I'm sure you can use dried rosemary in a pinch but the fresh rosemary really makes this very flavorful. I often crave this dish in the Fall
Nov 2, 2010
Very good meal. Pair with a good cab red wine and this dish is to die for.
Jun 11, 2010
The best sauce recipe I have found so far. This needs less beef and more sauce, so I have modified to my taste. The red wine makes this very yummy! ;)