Beef Quesadillas with Salsa Recipe
These easy, cheesy steak quesadillas are packed with beef and topped with pineapple salsa. And because it's a little sweet and not too spicy, they are very kid friendly.
- 3/4 pound boneless beef sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 4 flour tortillas (10 inches)
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fresh pineapple
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1. Sprinkle steak with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, saute steak in 1 tablespoon oil until no longer pink.
- 2. Sprinkle 1/4 cup cheese over one side of each tortilla; top with 1/3 cup beef and remaining cheese. Fold tortillas over. In another large skillet, cook two quesadillas in 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted. Repeat with remaining quesadillas and oil. Cut into wedges.
- 3. In a large bowl, combine the salsa ingredients; serve with quesadillas. Cover and refrigerate remaining salsa. Yield: 4 servings (4-1/2 cups salsa).
1 each: 645 calories, 33g fat (12g saturated fat), 92mg cholesterol, 1067mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 9g fiber), 34g protein.
Reviews for Beef Quesadillas with Salsa
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC