Your sweetheart will swoon when you bring out this bubbly golden-topped potpie, a tried-and-true meal pleaser from Marian Clifton of Selma, California. "It makes a hearty homey meal with plenty of comforting country flavor," she promises.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup beef broth
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1/2 cup cubed cooked roast beef
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup biscuit/baking mix
- In a small saucepan, melt butter. Add onion and cook for 1 minute. Stir in flour and pepper until blended. Gradually whisk in broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in vegetables and beef; heat through. Transfer to two greased 10-oz. custard cups.
- In a small bowl, combine egg and milk. Stir in biscuit mix until smooth. Spoon evenly over meat mixture. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly and top is golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 364 calories, 15g fat (7g saturated fat), 154mg cholesterol, 804mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 5g fiber), 22g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Beef Potpie in Country Woman January/February 2003