Beef Potato Supper
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 cups sliced peeled potatoes
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut green beans, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Meanwhile, place the potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Cook for 7 minutes; drain.
- In a greased 13x9-in. baking dish, layer the beef mixture, beans and potatoes.
- In a large bowl, combine the soup, milk and water; pour over potatoes. Sprinkle with onions and cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35 minutes or until browned.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 372 calories, 19g fat (9g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 674mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 21g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 26, 2013
I have been making a variation of this recipe ever since it came out years ago. I usually substitute broccoli florets for the beans. I found it needed spices and salt.
Apr 23, 2013
We both thought this was rather bland - definitely needs some seasoning - Also think it would be better with the cheese mixed in with the soup mixture rather than just on top or maybe use a white sauce instead of the soup - and add the cheese to that. I may try it again with some added spices.
Oct 1, 2009
Used a homemade white sauce instead, and Parmesean cheese. Perfect!