Beef Potato Supper
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 cups sliced peeled potatoes
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut green beans, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Meanwhile, place the potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Cook for 7 minutes; drain.
- In a greased 13x9-in. baking dish, layer the beef mixture, beans and potatoes.
- In a large bowl, combine the soup, milk and water; pour over potatoes. Sprinkle with onions and cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35 minutes or until browned.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 372 calories, 19g fat (9g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 674mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 21g protein.
Jul 26, 2013
I have been making a variation of this recipe ever since it came out years ago. I usually substitute broccoli florets for the beans. I found it needed spices and salt.
Apr 23, 2013
We both thought this was rather bland - definitely needs some seasoning - Also think it would be better with the cheese mixed in with the soup mixture rather than just on top or maybe use a white sauce instead of the soup - and add the cheese to that. I may try it again with some added spices.
Oct 1, 2009
Used a homemade white sauce instead, and Parmesean cheese. Perfect!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.