Beef Pizza Loaf Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 25 crackers)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh oregano or 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Sliced fresh mushrooms and green pepper, optional
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Pat into a greased 8-in. square baking pan.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50 minutes or until the meat is no longer pink and a thermometer reads 160°; drain.
- 3. Spread pizza sauce over top. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake 10 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted.
- 4. Meanwhile, if desired, saute mushrooms and green pepper in a skillet. Using two large spatulas, carefully transfer meat loaf to a serving platter. Top with the mushrooms and green pepper. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 398 calories, 23g fat (10g saturated fat), 147mg cholesterol, 851mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 31g protein.
Reviews for Beef Pizza Loaf
"It was ok...not enough spice so this would be a good recipe to play with. I would put half the beef mixture down then some pepperoni then the other half of the meat mixture. You MIX the first 7 ingredients then CRUMBLE the hamburger over the mixed ingredients."
"Dish was okay. Nothing to rave about. Kind of bland."