Beef Pizza Burgers
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 2 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 hamburger buns, split
- 3 tablespoons pizza sauce, warmed
- 4 green pepper rings
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the garlic, bouillon, Italian seasoning and salt. Crumble beef over mixture; mix well. Shape into four thin patties. Place a slice of cheese on two patties; top with another patty and press edges to seal.
- 2. Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat is no longer pink. Serve on buns with pizza sauce and green pepper rings.
1 each: 461 calories, 23g fat (10g saturated fat), 101mg cholesterol, 1056mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 36g protein.
Oct 16, 2010
I made these Pizza Burgers for my family and they are fantastic. For a little extra flavor I toasted Kaiser Buns on the grill and it was a very nice touch and I did not add was the green pepper.
If you are looking for an excellent Pizza Burger recipe this one is for sure a great one to try.
Sep 2, 2011
I loved these burgers. I cut the green pepper rings super thin and grilled them for a minute or two, while I toasted the buns.
May 4, 2011
Love this recipe. I have made it many times. Sometimes I make bigger patties omitting the double burger, and put the cheese on top. Good with catsup, but even better with pizza sauce!
Oct 16, 2010
I tried this recipe the other night and I will say that these were FANTASTIC. My husband and I loved them as well as our little 2 year old son. The only thing we didn't add was the green pepper, but they were still absolutuy fantastic. Very juicy and flavorful.
Sue - Ashippun, WI
Jul 15, 2010
My family loves these. I omit the salt and use shredded mozzarella in the middle. Ketchup instead of pizza sauce wokrs fine.
Dec 31, 1969
rwarner: Just omit the beef bouillon and the salt! Or just omit one of them and they won't be salty! Just a thought
May 27, 2009
These were too salty for us, the family just didn't care for them.