Beef Pastry Pockets Recipe
My husband and I raise beef cattle on our farm—that's why I'm always on the lookout for tasty recipes like this one.—Andrea Chaput, Blaine, Washington
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup 4% cottage cheese
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef until no longer pink; drain and cool. Stir in the cheddar cheese, cottage cheese, eggs and pepper; mix well.
- 2. Cut pastry into eight 5-in. squares, 1/4-in. thick. Place heaping 1/3 cupfuls of meat mixture in center of squares. For each square, fold one edge over filling to form a triangle. Moisten edges with water; press together with a fork to seal.
- 3. Place on an ungreased baking sheet; bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 482 calories, 28g fat (11g saturated fat), 101mg cholesterol, 448mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 5g fiber), 20g protein.
Reviews for Beef Pastry Pockets
Reviewed Dec. 20, 2010
"Yummy. This is a new favorite."
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC