My husband and I raise beef cattle on our farm—that's why I'm always on the lookout for tasty recipes like this one.—Andrea Chaput, Blaine, Washington
Recommended: Handheld Recipes for Busy People On-The-Go
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup 4% cottage cheese
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- In a large skillet, cook beef until no longer pink; drain and cool. Stir in the cheddar cheese, cottage cheese, eggs and pepper; mix well.
- Cut pastry into eight 5-in. squares, 1/4-in. thick. Place heaping 1/3 cupfuls of meat mixture in center of squares. For each square, fold one edge over filling to form a triangle. Moisten edges with water; press together with a fork to seal.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet; bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Beef Pastry Pockets in Country Ground Beef 1993, p67
Reviews forBeef Pastry Pockets
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 20, 2010
"Yummy. This is a new favorite."