- 3/4 pound beef stew meat, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 cup water, divided
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Hot cooked noodles
- In a large saucepan, brown beef in oil on all sides. Add onion and garlic; cook until onion is tender. Add 1/2 cup of water, ketchup, brown sugar, paprika, Worcestershire sauce, salt, mustard and cayenne; mix well. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 hours or until beef is tender.
- Combine flour and remaining water until smooth; gradually stir into stew. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over noodles. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forBeef Paprika
"This was so good. Perfect amount for my hubby and 1. Will definitely make again."
"This is delicious! My only suggestion would be to add about 1/2 tsp. of caraway seeds prior to the long simmer for some extra flavor. I have also served this over pasta or rice when out of noodles."
"This recipe is SO good! I used penne noodles, but next time, I will use egg noodles. I will be making this again soon."
"Ever since this was originally published in 2002, it became my favorite way to fix stew meat. So glad to see it online too!"
"Thickness of Gravy/Sauce and even flow of taste of the Spices, makes this Recipe a Five Star Rating! Paul Morris-Belcourt, North Dakota!"
"The KEY ingredient is Thickness of the Gravy/Sauce! Too thin and it is just like beef stew! Thickness of Gravy and even flow of taste of the Spices makes this dish a Five Star Rating. Pmorris-Belcourt, N.D.Pmorris-Wildwood, New Jersey"