Beef Onion Soup Recipe
I live alone, so I'm always looking for ways to use up leftovers like beef," explains Barbara Zowada of Sheridan, Wyoming. "This soup makes a quick lunch or dinner along with fresh veggies or a crisp green salad."
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) French onion soup
- 1 cup cubed cooked roast beef
- 2 slices French bread (3/4 inch thick), toasted
- 1/3 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 teaspoons shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- 1. Prepare soup according to package directions; add beef. Ladle into two 2-cup ovenproof bowls. Top each with a French bread slice. Sprinkle with Monterey Jack cheese and Parmesan cheese if desired. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup: 319 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 88mg cholesterol, 1421mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 35g protein.
Reviews for Beef Onion Soup
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC