Beef & Onion Cheese Ball
You’ve seen cheese balls in the cheese and deli department at the supermarket, but did you know they were this easy to make? —Chrissy Leszczynski, Madison, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 package (2 ounces) thinly sliced deli beef, chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Assorted crackers and vegetables
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, beef, onions and horseradish. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes. Shape into a ball, then roll in walnuts. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap.
- Cover and refrigerate until serving. Serve with crackers and vegetables.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons (calculated without crackers and vegetables): 127 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 114mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Cream Cheese Ball in Simple & Delicious December/January 2012
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
More from Taste of Home
What’s the Secret to Perfect Burgers at Home? A Former Restaurant Chef Shares 11 Expert Burger Grilling Tips