Beef on a Stick Recipe
“My daughter’s friend gave her this simply great-tasting marinade recipe,” writes Lois Weigel from Mountain Home, Arkansas. “We made it healthier just by using a reduced-sodium soy sauce!”
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 boneless beef top sirloin steak (1-1/2 pounds), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first eight ingredients; add beef. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Thread beef onto six metal or soaked wooden skewers. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 8-10 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness, turning occasionally. Yield: 6 kabobs.
1 each: 161 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 174mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat.
Reviews for Beef on a Stick
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC