- 1 package (8 ounces) egg noodles
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 jar (2 ounces) sliced pimientos, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain. Add the next 10 ingredients. Drain noodles; stir into mixture.
Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes or until heated through.
Freeze option: Cool unbaked casserole; cover and freeze. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake casserole as directed, increasing time as necessary to heat through and for a thermometer inserted in center to read 165°. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews forBeef Noodle Casserole
"This recipe is delightfully tasty and filling!! We will fix this again!!"
"I had read the reviews before making this and was excited to try it. I made it as is and found it very bland. We are a casserole family and we have them all the time but this one will not go into my make again bag."
"So easy to make! A family favorite & one of my go to recipes to take to new moms!"
"Just sub a couple cans of ROTEL instead tom.and tom. soup and you are on your .way"
"Not bad at all for a last minute meal using what I had on hand. I had diced tomatoes instead of the tomato sauce, no corn or the green and jalapeno peppers. I had a pack of hot Italian sausage that I browned and sliced in place of the ground beef. I also added some Italian seasoning and some chopped garlic. Next time will add the corn and the green pepper. Will definitely make this again."
"Not bad at all for a last minute meal using what I had in the pantry. I had diced tomatoes instead of the tomato sauce, no corn or the green and jalapeno peppers. I had a pack of hot Italian sausage that I browned and sliced in place of the ground beef. I also added some Italian seasoning and some chopped garlic. Next time will definitely add the corn and the green pepper. Will definitely make this again."
"Enjoyed this a lot. It is quite hearty and flavorful. I probably used a little more cheese than it called for on top. Also, I did not put canned mushrooms in because I do not like them. I used fresh mushrooms (5 medium largish) and cooked them with the onion"
"Very Good!!! The only change I made was I used diced a red pepper in place for the pimientos"
"Very good. I substituted mild green chiles and doubled the chili powder because we don't like jalapenos. Everyone enjoyed it."
"VERY GOOD RECIPE THANKS FOR SHARING I DID HAVE TYO CHANGE IT ALITTLE BIT FOR MY PICKY EATERS I SKIPPED THE JALAPENOS AND MUSHROOMS BUT ADDED A CAN OF ROTELS DICED TOMATOES WITH GREEN CHILES AND SKIPPED THE PIMENTOS AS WELL. DEFINTLEY WILL BE MAKING AGAIN :)"