Beef ‘n’ Sausage Lasagna
Total TimePrep: 45 min. Bake: 45 min. + standing
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jar (26 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup Daisy 4% cottage cheese
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 6 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 2 cups shredded white cheddar cheese
- 3 teaspoons Italian seasoning, divided
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, sausage, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Set aside 1 cup spaghetti sauce; stir remaining sauce into meat mixture. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until thickened.
- In a small saucepan, melt cream cheese over medium heat. Remove from the heat. Stir in cottage cheese, eggs and parsley.
- Spread the meat sauce in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with 3 noodles, cheddar cheese, 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning and cream cheese mixture. Layer with remaining noodles and reserved spaghetti sauce; sprinkle with mozzarella and remaining Italian seasoning.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 35 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes more or until bubbly. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Jul 13, 2017
This lasagna is a favorite. I use the same ingredients but layer it like traditional lasagna. I have served it to company many times and people always rave and go for seconds. Highly recommend
Jan 23, 2012
I made this for my family. They all loved it even my 4 year old who is hard to please.
Feb 2, 2010
I used ground turkey and Italian turkey sausage and used no cook lasagna noodles. I also used 2% cheddar cheese and non fat cottage cheese and egg beaters to make the whole thing healther. It turned out very good and everyone liked it.
Mar 19, 2009
LOL well now I read the recipe again and saw where I missed the mozzarella the first time around, I don't see why you couldn't use regular cheddar, I may do it that way since I have that on hand too! Sounds yummy and delicious.
Mar 19, 2009
I want to try this recipe but think I will just use mozzarella, which I already have on hand.
Jan 15, 2009
That white cheddar is pretty expensive,can I substitute med. cheddar?Trudy