Beef ‘n’ Pepper Bread Slices
These festive French bread slices topped with roast beef, red peppers and melted cheese are simple to make and a breeze for guests to handle. They remain a holiday hit with my family and friends. —Margaret Pache, Mesa, Arizona
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cups shredded cooked roast beef
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, halved lengthwise
- 1 jar (7-1/4 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained and chopped
- 1-1/2 cups shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Spread over cut sides of bread. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Top with roasted peppers; sprinkle with cheese and parsley.
- Bake at 450° for 8-10 minutes or until bread is golden brown and cheese is melted. Cut into slices. Serve warm.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 318 calories, 16g fat (5g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 508mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 19g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Margaret's Beef Appetizer in Simple & Delicious November/December 2007