Iola Egle of McCook, Nebraska blends dried beef, olives and walnuts into a rich and creamy sandwich filling. "Cut into quarters, these sandwiches are sophisticated enough to serve at parties, And they freeze beautifully," she notes.
Recommended: 32 Lunches To Spice Up Your Workday
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped dried beef
- 3 tablespoons sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 8 slices bread
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, cream and pepper until smooth. Stir in beef, olives and walnuts.
- Spread on each of four slices of bread; top with remaining bread. Cover and freeze for up to 2 months.
- Remove from the freezer at least 4 hours before serving. May be frozen for up to 3 months. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Beef N Olive Sandwiches in Quick Cooking November/December 1998, p53