Beef ‘n’ Green Bean Pie
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper, optional
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut green beans, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- In a large skillet, cook beef, onion and green pepper if desired over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato sauce, beans, salt and garlic salt. Simmer for 8 minutes or until heated through.
- Meanwhile, separate crescent dough into eight triangles; place in an ungreased 9-in. pie plate with points toward the center. Press onto the bottom and up the sides to form a crust; seal perforations.
- In a large bowl, beat egg and 1 cup cheese; spread over crust. Stir 1/2 cup cheese into meat mixture; spoon into crust.
- Sprinkle with paprika and remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 438 calories, 26g fat (13g saturated fat), 112mg cholesterol, 1251mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 26g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 6, 2014
Nice, simple supper!
Dec 11, 2011
I made this recipe using a 9x13 nonstick cassarole dish. I doubled the ingrediants to make a larger amount. My husban and step daughter (adult) loved it and she is picky about new recipes. We ate it for lunch the next day just as good. I used extra smoky paprika on the top it gave it a extra flavor. We loved it already bought the ingrediants to make it again. T Pressnell Springfield Ohio
Jan 21, 2011
Tasted far better than predicted!
Jul 12, 2010
Very good. I wouldnt have thought of putting the two of those together, but its very delicious!
Sep 1, 2009
Re:Beef'n' Green bean Pie. I have been making this pie for years. It is delicious, filling ans kids love it. SJS