Beef ‘n’ Green Bean Pie
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper, optional
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut green beans, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- In a large skillet, cook beef, onion and green pepper if desired over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato sauce, beans, salt and garlic salt. Simmer for 8 minutes or until heated through.
- Meanwhile, separate crescent dough into eight triangles; place in an ungreased 9-in. pie plate with points toward the center. Press onto the bottom and up the sides to form a crust; seal perforations.
- In a large bowl, beat egg and 1 cup cheese; spread over crust. Stir 1/2 cup cheese into meat mixture; spoon into crust.
- Sprinkle with paprika and remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 438 calories, 26g fat (13g saturated fat), 112mg cholesterol, 1251mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 26g protein.
Aug 11, 2019
I have been using this recipe for over 35 years, but I do not put the rolls on the bottom, as it gets soggy. I put them on top so they are crispy. Also do not use an egg or paprika. Use 2 cans of green beans and 4 oz of tomato sauce. Well maybe I haven't been using this recipe for 35 years! But I used the same recipe somewhere and only changed how I put the crescent rolls on :-)
Jan 6, 2014
Nice, simple supper!
Dec 11, 2011
I made this recipe using a 9x13 nonstick cassarole dish. I doubled the ingrediants to make a larger amount. My husban and step daughter (adult) loved it and she is picky about new recipes. We ate it for lunch the next day just as good. I used extra smoky paprika on the top it gave it a extra flavor. We loved it already bought the ingrediants to make it again. T Pressnell Springfield Ohio
Jan 21, 2011
Tasted far better than predicted!
Jul 12, 2010
Very good. I wouldnt have thought of putting the two of those together, but its very delicious!
Sep 1, 2009
Re:Beef'n' Green bean Pie. I have been making this pie for years. It is delicious, filling ans kids love it. SJS