Beef ‘n’ Bean Pockets
"These tasty pockets are whole meal wrapped up in one," says field editor Arlene Zerbst of Newcastle, Wyoming.
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + rising Bake: 20 min.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 2 loaves (1 pound each) frozen white bread dough, thawed
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the next eight ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Cool.
- Roll each loaf of dough into a 16x8-in. rectangle, about 1/4 in. thick. Cut each into eight 4-in. squares; top each with 1/4 cup filling and 1 tablespoon cheese. Bring the four corners together up over filling; pinch seams to seal.
- Place on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise for 15 minutes. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until browned. Serve immediately, or freeze and reheat in microwave at 50% power for 1-1/2 minutes each.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 248 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 528mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 18g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.