Beef ‘n’ Bean Egg Rolls
Total TimePrep: 40 min. Bake: 20 min.
Makes32 egg rolls
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 1 cup refried beans
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 32 wonton wrappers
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Remove from the heat; stir in beans, cheese, ketchup, chili powder and cumin.
- Position a wonton wrapper with one point toward you. Place 1 tablespoon meat mixture in the center. Fold bottom corner over filling; fold sides toward center over filling. Roll toward the remaining point. Moisten top corner with water; press to seal. (Keep remaining wrappers covered with a damp paper towel until ready to use.) Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry egg rolls, a few at a time, for 2 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve with salsa.
Editor's NoteFill wonton wrappers a few at a time, keeping the others covered with a damp paper towel until ready to use.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 8, 2013
Thanks for sharing!! My husband and I had friends over for New Years eve and they all loved the egg rolls!! Great recipe and not hard to make. I think I'm going to make a double batch and freeze some for next time.