- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, diced
- 1/2 pound beef flank steak, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup fresh cauliflowerets
- 1 medium carrot, cut into thin 2-inch strips
- 1 small onion, cut into wedges
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon beef bouillon granules
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 1/2 pound thin spaghetti, cooked and drained
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp; remove to paper towels to drain. Discard drippings. In the same skillet, stir-fry beef in 1 tablespoon oil until no longer pink, about 2 minutes. Remove beef and pan juices; keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute the broccoli, cauliflower, carrot, onion and ginger in remaining oil for 3 minutes. Add the mushrooms, water chestnuts and garlic; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Dissolve bouillon in boiling water; stir into vegetables.
- Stir in soy sauce and beef with pan juices. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in bacon and spaghetti.
1 each: 556 calories, 22g fat (6g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 1862mg sodium, 62g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 5g fiber), 27g protein.