This recipe is the perfect meaty option for a classic Italian dish. I made this meal for the first time years ago, and I've been going back to it ever since.
Recommended: 42 Better-for-You Pasta Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (12 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook the beef, mushrooms and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker.
- Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste, tomato sauce, broth, parsley, brown sugar, basil, oregano, salt and pepper. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours. Yield: 12 servings (1-1/2 quarts).
Originally published as Mushroom-Beef Spaghetti Sauce in The Taste of Home Cookbook 2010, p270
Reviews forBeef Mushroom Spaghetti Sauce
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 20, 2014
"tried this sauce & thought it was worth my time! Thought it was very good since I don"t like my sauce tasting sweet. Good tasting italian sauce. Use it all the time."