Beef Mushroom Spaghetti Sauce
This recipe is the perfect meaty option for a classic Italian dish. I made this meal for the first time years ago, and I've been going back to it ever since.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 6-8 hours
Makes12 servings (1-1/2 quarts)
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (12 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook the beef, mushrooms and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker.
- Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste, tomato sauce, broth, parsley, brown sugar, basil, oregano, salt and pepper. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
Originally published as Slow Cooker Spaghetti Sauce in The Taste of Home Cookbook 3rd Edition
Apr 20, 2014
tried this sauce & thought it was worth my time! Thought it was very good since I don"t like my sauce tasting sweet. Good tasting italian sauce. Use it all the time.