A friend gave me this recipe, and after many years, I still make it often. Our family lives in a rural area, and folks here are frequently looking for new ways to serve ground beef. This one is definitely a winner!
Recommended: 36 Savory Suppertime Pies
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 box (16 ounces) hot roll mix
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom pieces, drained
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- Prepare roll mix according to package directions for pizza crust. While dough rises, brown meat in a skillet. Drain excess fat. Stir in the soup, mushrooms, onion and Worcestershire sauce. Remove from heat.
- Divide the dough into eight pieces. Form each piece into a ball. On a lightly floured surface, roll each ball into an 8-in. circle. Place circles on 2 lightly greased cookie sheets. Divide meat mixture over eight circles. Top with cheese. Moisten edges of dough and fold in half. Press edges firmly together with a fork. Prick top of dough. Beat egg and water; brush over each pocket. Bake at 400° for about 20 minutes. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Beef/Mushroom Pockets in Country Extra May 1991, p47
Reviews forBeef/Mushroom Pockets
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review