Beef Kabobs with Chutney Sauce
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 5 min.
Makes8 kabobs (about 1/2 cup sauce)
- 1/4 cup mango chutney
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- CHUTNEY SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons mango chutney
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first five ingredients; add the beef. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight.
- In a small bowl, combine the sauce ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Drain and discard marinade. Thread beef onto eight metal or soaked wooden skewers.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill kabobs, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-6 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness, turning occasionally. Serve with sauce.
Nutrition Facts2 skewers with 2 tablespoons sauce: 258 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 321mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 0 fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch.
May 29, 2012
The only way someone would rate this less than 5 stars would be someone who is not a fan of Indian cuisine...the meat was flavorful and tender - and the creamy spicy sauce topped it off!! Would make this again with Indian style rice with peas...
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.