- 1/4 cup mango chutney
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- CHUTNEY SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons mango chutney
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first five ingredients; add the beef. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight.
- In a small bowl, combine the sauce ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Drain and discard marinade. Thread beef onto eight metal or soaked wooden skewers.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill kabobs, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-6 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness, turning occasionally. Serve with sauce. Yield: 8 kabobs (about 1/2 cup sauce).
Reviews forBeef Kabobs with Chutney Sauce
"The only way someone would rate this less than 5 stars would be someone who is not a fan of Indian cuisine...the meat was flavorful and tender - and the creamy spicy sauce topped it off!! Would make this again with Indian style rice with peas..."