Beef Kabob Spinach Salad Recipe
I found this easy recipe many years ago, and we never grow tired of it. I like to serve this zippy salad with roasted potatoes, rolls and a mandarin orange salad. —Gail Reinford, Souderton, Pennsylvania
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 pounds boneless beef sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup (8 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1. In a large resealable bag, combine the brown sugar, vinegar, chili powder, salt, oil and hot pepper sauce. Add beef; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the yogurt, onions and garlic; cover and refrigerate until serving.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Thread the beef cubes onto eight metal or soaked wooden skewers. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness. Serve over spinach with yogurt sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Beef Kabob Spinach Salad
Reviewed Nov. 25, 2012
"beef was very flavorful. I'm not a huge yogurt fan so I may do something a bit different with the dressing next time."
Reviewed Feb. 16, 2008
"This is such a great summer recipe - my meat and potatoes husband loves it!"
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC