Beef Kabob Spinach Salad
I found this easy recipe many years ago, and we never grow tired of it. I like to serve this zippy salad with roasted potatoes, rolls and a mandarin orange salad. —Gail Reinford, Souderton, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- In a large resealable bag, combine the brown sugar, vinegar, chili powder, salt, oil and hot pepper sauce. Add beef; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the yogurt, onions and garlic; cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Drain and discard marinade. Thread the beef cubes onto eight metal or soaked wooden skewers. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness. Serve with spinach and yogurt sauce.
Originally published as Red Hot Beef Kabobs in Taste of Home June/July 2006
Nov 25, 2012
Beef was very flavorful. I'm not a huge yogurt fan so I may do something a bit different with the dressing next time.
Feb 16, 2008
This is such a great summer recipe - my meat and potatoes husband loves it!