- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 tablespoons onion soup mix
- 2 tablespoons beef broth
- 1 tablespoon quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 pound beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Hot cooked noodles or mashed potatoes
- In a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker, combine the soup, soup mix, broth and tapioca; let stand for 15 minutes. Stir in the beef. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender. Serve over noodles or mashed potatoes. Yield: 3 servings.
Reviews forBeef in Onion Gravy
"I use cream of celery soup instead of the mushroom (taste preference). Always double the recipe - leftovers are wonderful.Serve over cooked egg noodles - wonderful!"
"Good flavor with basic, minimal ingredients."
"My sons would eat an engine block if it was cooked in the crock pot! This recipe is simple and straightforward but very tasty and it uses a cheaper cut of meat. Very economical. You might very well already have the sauce ingredients in your pantry! Good for family on a chilly night or even to take to that someone who needs a meal due to illness, surgery, etc."
"We make this with mashed potatoes. All four members of the family love this meal (unusual) and it's incredibly easy to make."
"So easy and great for a cold night!"
"Excellent, easy and delicious. A winner!"
"This is soooo good with my own tweaks. I added some brown gravy mix and some water because of it. It makes the gravy very rich and delicious with mashed potatoes. Also didn't add the tapioca."
"I work from 1 to 9:30 pm, so I'm always looking for recipes that are easy for my husband to monitor for dinner for him and my 2 sons. This one got enthusiastic reviews, and will become a regular on our family rotation. Just remember that as written, it is for only 3 people (with limited appetites). As I like to take leftovers for my dinner at work, don't forget to double the ingredients, especially the gravy! So easy, too!"
"I have made this for many years,,, I have always had RAVE reviews when I make it"