- 2 to 2-1/2 pounds boneless beef round steak
- 1 to 2 envelopes dry onion soup mix
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup water
- Mashed potatoes, optional
- Cut steak into six serving-size pieces; place in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Combine the soup mix, soup and water; pour over beef. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until meat is tender. Serve with mashed potatoes if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forBeef in Mushroom Gravy
"The steak was very tender and had great flavor, gravy was delicious over mashed potatoes!"
"this was okay. i think that fresh mushrooms would have added a wonderful fresh touch to this. but it was really qucik nd esy great for a last miite meal"
"It was really good... But I used Cubed Steak instead of round steak."
"Really good. I doubled the receipe and added a box of instant brown rice in the last 20 minutes. Loved it."
"Mmmmmm - yummy! My husband and I loved this. Great crockpot recipe! There wasan't alot of fat in the meat I bought so the "gravy" wasn't swimming in it. Delicious!"
"I was half asleep this morning. First time Mom of newborn Twins. So I added a package of brown gravy mix not realizing til I checked the recipe to see how much water I needed. So I added a little extra water with it. Made it WONDERFUL!!"
"My family liked it, but I find it a bit salty..."