Beef Goulash Soup
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 50 min.
- 2 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 medium carrots, chopped
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 to 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 2 tablespoon caraway seeds
- Sour cream
- In a Dutch oven over medium-high heat, cook and stir the beef, onion and green pepper in oil until meat is browned on all sides; drain. Stir in the next 10 ingredients. bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste and caraway seeds. Cover and simmer 25-30 minutes longer or until meat is tender. Discard bay leaves. Top each serving with a dollop of sour cream.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 160 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 455mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 13g protein.
Oct 30, 2017
This was not bad, tasty enough, but not particularly exciting. I swapped smoked paprika for the regular paprika, so I didn't find it flavorless like the previous reviewer.
Jan 10, 2010
Sorry to say we thought this had too much tomato and needed some additional flavor.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.