Fondue is fun, but for me, the accompanying sauces are what make them even more delicious. This creamy, zippy sauce enhances the flavor of beef.—Ruth Peterson, Jenison, Michigan
Recommended: 30 Recipes to Make with Beer
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons horseradish mustard or spicy brown mustard
- 1-1/2 pounds beef tenderloin, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, onion, lemon juice and mustard; cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Pat meat dry with paper towels. Heat oil in a fondue pot to 375°. Use fondue forks to cook meat in oil until it reaches desired doneness. Serve with sauce. Yield: 6 servings (about 1 cup sauce).
Originally published as Beef Fondue with Mustard-Mayonnaise Sauce in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2010, p73