Even my three small children---who won't touch spinach in any other way---enjoy this meal!—Cindy Waltner, Columbus, Montana
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 jar (14 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 7 ounces elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- 1-1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- In a small bowl, combine the spaghetti sauce, water, tomato sauce, tomato paste, salt and pepper. Add to skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, macaroni, bread crumbs, spinach and cheese. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with meat sauce.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Originally published as Beef Florentine in Country Ground Beef
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
More from Taste of Home
What’s the Secret to Perfect Burgers at Home? A Former Restaurant Chef Shares 11 Expert Burger Grilling Tips