- 2 beef tenderloin steaks (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup dry red wine or reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1-3/4 cups sliced baby portobello mushrooms (about 4 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon steak sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives, optional
- Place a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat; brown steaks on both sides. Remove from pan.
- Add wine to pan; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Cook until liquid is reduced by half, 2-3 minutes. Whisk flour and broth until smooth; stir into pan. Stir in all remaining ingredients except chives; bring to a boil.
- Return steaks to pan; cook, uncovered, until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°), 4-5 minutes per side. If desired, sprinkle with chives. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forBeef Fillets with Portobello Sauce
"Full of flavor. I tripled the recipe to feed the whole family and it turned out great."
"So easy to make and so delicious!"
"This recipe is definitely a keeper. Very easy and tasty."
"It was delicious! I loved the addition of mushrooms."
"The sauce is really good."
"I wanted to start cooking more beef recipies,and I loved this one! I have made it several times!"