Beef Filets with Grilled Vegetables
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks (1-1/2 inches thick and 4 ounces each)
- 3 teaspoons pepper, divided
- 1/2 cup creamy Caesar salad dressing
- 8 to 12 romaine leaves
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Rub steaks with 2 teaspoons pepper; place in a large resealable plastic bag. Add salad dressing; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, brush romaine, tomatoes and onion with oil. Grill tomatoes and onion, uncovered, over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until onion is crisp-tender. Grill romaine for 30 seconds on each side or until heated through. Wrap vegetables in foil and set aside.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill steaks, covered, over medium heat for 7-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°), basting occasionally with butter.
- Serve with grilled vegetables. Sprinkle with salt and remaining pepper.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 2, 2015
Delicious! I cut a small bunch of romaine in half lengthwise, leaving the ends attached. After grilling the vegetables I cut up the romaine and mixed it with the sliced onion and tomatoes.