- 1 pound ground beef
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 package (4.3 ounces) fettuccine and beef-flavored sauce mix
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 can (11 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add water; bring to a boil. Stir in the fettuccine mix, tomato sauce and chili powder. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 7 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in corn and 2/3 cup cheese; heat through. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forBeef Fettuccine Dinner
"This was delicious! I found out that Knorr/Lipton no longer makes the beef Fettuccine mix. The best substitution that I could find was Hamburger Helper beef pasta. This is 5.8 ounces so I needed to increase the water to 2 1/3 cups per package directions. Very good and super easy dinner served with biscuits."
"My family loved this meal. It is very economical for a large family. I served it with a tossed salad, mandarin oranges and a brownie."
"Super simple and super good. There is just enough spice but not too much. I ended up doing this recipe with penne noodles instead of fettuccine due to having them on hand. The recipe still turned out great. I definitely recommend it to anyone."
"We really enjoyed this easy recipe. Not too spicy just perfect with a dab of sour cream on top!"
"For those of you wondering, the fettucine and beef flavored sauce mix actually refers to a beef flavored noodle mix, such as http://www.letsmakeknorr.com/Products/1212/beef.aspx - I made the recipe right out of magazine and didn't have any problems, so it must have been correct in there. Hope this helps!"
"The picture and the name look like there are some noodles in this dish. Are they in the sauce mix or am I missing something?"
"Did not love this one--chili powder was very over-powering even though I only put in 1T."