Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Cook: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 beef flank steak (about 3/4 pound), cut into thin strips
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 4 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- Salsa, optional
- In a bowl, combine the oil, lemon juice, garlic, lemon peel, chili powder and pepper. Place half in a resealable plastic bag; cover and refrigerate remaining marinade. Add meat to bag. Seal and turn to coat; refrigerate for 4-8 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. In a skillet, heat reserved marinade. Add meat and green onions. Cook and stir until meat reaches desired doneness. Using a slotted spoon, place about 1/2 cup meat mixture down the center of each tortilla. Top with salsa if desired. Fold sides over meat mixture.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 14, 2013
This was a really tasty fajita recipe. I made a few changes. I didn't have any lemon juice on hand because I forgot to look before I went to the store. So I substituted lime juice instead. It gave it a nice zesty, citrus flavor that really made these excellent. I also added a sweet red bell pepper sliced along with the green onions. I would definitely make this again.