Beef Fajita Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3/4 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 medium onion, sliced and halved
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 4 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the lime juice, cilantro, garlic and chili powder; add beef. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 10 minutes, turning once.
- Meanwhile, in a nonstick skillet, cook the peppers and onion in oil over medium-high heat for 5 minutes or until tender. Remove and keep warm. Add beef with marinade to the skillet; cook and stir for 4-5 minutes or until meat is tender and mixture comes to a boil. Add beans and pepper mixture; heat through.
- Divide the salad greens and tomato among four bowls; top each with 1-1/4 cups beef mixture, 1 tablespoon sour cream and 1-1/2 teaspoons salsa.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 291 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 291mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 9g fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 15, 2013
This was a really easy & tasty recipe. The lime flavor was awesome! You could also add some tortilla chips on top, guacamole, and a little cheese.
Dec 12, 2012
This was good but I mostly tasted the lime juice in the meat which made it a little sour. Maybe I will add more garlic or chili powder next time. I also crushed some tortilla chips on top and used shredded lettuce.
Aug 31, 2012
I used this as a recipe for a RS meeting, and everyone really liked it!
May 6, 2010
Made this for Cinco de Mayo. Very light yet filling. I added one chopped chipotle and adobo sauce to the marinade. Gave it a nice kick.