Beef con Queso Dip
This meaty snack really hits the spot on chilly days. It's a tradition to serve the dip with tortilla chips, but I also like it with homemade soft pretzels.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Tortilla chips
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the cheese, tomato sauce, chilies, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, paprika, cayenne and salt. Cook and stir until cheese is melted. Serve warm with tortilla chips.
Originally published as Chili Con Queso Dip in Country Woman Christmas 2007
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
More from Taste of Home
What’s the Secret to Perfect Burgers at Home? A Former Restaurant Chef Shares 11 Expert Burger Grilling Tips