- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 pound beef tenderloin, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups uncooked vegetables-carrots, green pepper, broccoli, celery, cauliflower and/or green onions
- 1/3 cup beef broth
- Chow mein noodles or hot cooked rice
- In a bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Add beef and toss to coat. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry beef in oil until no longer pink; remove and keep warm.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add vegetables and broth; stir-fry for 4 minutes. Return beef to the pan; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until heated through. Serve over chow mein noodles or rice. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forBeef Chow Mein
"So delicious! My family insists that I make this every week. I used to buy packets of Chow Mein mix but this tastes so much better. We like lots of sauce so I made one slight change; I used 1 cup of beef bouillon instead of 1/3 cup."