Beef Burgundy Baskets
Add carrots to the mushrooms and onions to make a stew another night.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen puff pastry shells
- 2 cups whole fresh mushrooms, cut in half
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 jar (16 ounces) pearl onions, drained
- 2 packages (17 ounces each) refrigerated beef tips with gravy
- 1/4 cup burgundy wine
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Bake pastry shells according to package directions. In a large skillet, cook mushrooms in oil for 2-3 minutes or until browned. Add onions; cook for 1 minute longer.
- Add the beef tips with gravy, wine and thyme; heat through. Carefully remove top of pastry shells; fill with beef mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 504 calories, 27g fat (6g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 1012mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 5g fiber), 28g protein.
Originally published as Beef Burgundy in Weeknight Cooking Made Easy 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.