Beef & Broccoli Skillet
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound boneless beef sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a large skillet, saute beef in oil until no longer pink; drain. Remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, combine the broccoli, soup, soy sauce, vinegar and garlic powder. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3-4 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender. Stir in beef; heat through. Serve with rice if desired.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 257 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 1199mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 2g fiber), 29g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 4, 2016
This recipe is very simple to make and easy to customize. I originally made the recipe as written but I wasn't fond of the sauce - too much tomato. I simply added a touch of honey to take away some of the tang and we really liked it. We also used gluten-free soy sauce and cauliflower rice with GREAT results.
Mar 24, 2015
This is easy, yes. But it tastes exactly like tomato soup and soy sauce, which I find to be an unpleasant combination. I thought that maybe mixed with the other ingredients it would be tasty, but I was wrong. I even used extra garlic. Didn't help. It's pretty gross.
Feb 24, 2012
I love this! I used low sodium soy sauce.
Feb 23, 2012
I love beef & broccoli but this recipe has way to much sodium. (1,199mg)
Feb 6, 2012
Easy and quick to make, nutritious, and yummy!
Sep 1, 2011
We really enjoyed this, will add onion and 1/2 cup of beef broth next time.. but way good, just the way it is
Jun 12, 2011
I originally made this dish as part of our buffet dinner for our Engagement party and I received many compliments. I make this now for dinner once a month, never gets old.
Jan 2, 2011
Very good and easy.
Dec 13, 2010
oh my goodness, i didn't have reg soy sauce just the dark one. the whole concoction looked like black molasses. it looked so horrible and the meat was tough, i had used chuck steak. guess i chose the wrong cut huh? but it didnt taste too bad. will try it again when i get the correct soy sauce. any suggestions as far as what cut of beef to use so that it will be tender?
Oct 11, 2010
We loved it! What a nice answer to "whats for dinner"