With just a few minutes of hands-on work, this tender beef brisket simmers into a delectable entree. “The meat and gravy are great for sandwiches and leftovers the next day,” Noelle LaBrecque relates from Round Rock, Texas.
Recommended: 5-Ingredient Slow Cooker Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 fresh beef brisket (3 pounds), halved
- 1 can (14 ounces) jellied cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup thawed cranberry juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Place onion in a 5-qt. slow cooker; top with brisket. Combine cranberry sauce and juice concentrate; pour over beef. Cover and cook on low for 5-1/2 to 6 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove brisket and keep warm. Strain cooking juices, discarding onion; skim fat. Place in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; gradually stir into the pan. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Thinly slice brisket across the grain; serve with gravy. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Brisket with Cranberry Gravy in Light & Tasty October/November 2006, p21
Reviews forBeef Brisket with Cranberry Gravy
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 12, 2011
"I had a hard time finding the the concentrate so I used a cranberry blend"
Reviewed Jan. 9, 2009
"This is a great recipe. The flavor is excellent. It is easy to make and reasonable."