Beef Brisket with Cranberry Gravy
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 5-1/2 hours
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 fresh beef brisket (3 pounds), halved
- 1 can (14 ounces) jellied cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup thawed cranberry juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Place onion in a 5-qt. slow cooker; top with brisket. Combine cranberry sauce and juice concentrate; pour over beef. Cover and cook on low for 5-1/2 to 6 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove brisket and keep warm. Strain cooking juices, discarding onion; skim fat. Place in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; gradually stir into the pan. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Thinly slice brisket across the grain; serve with gravy.
Editor's NoteThis is a fresh beef brisket, not corned beef.
Nutrition Facts3 ounce-weight: 225 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 46mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 18, 2011
Made it for our progressive dinner. Was wonderful and so easy to prepare. Gave us more time to visit and not worry about the main course. Very very tasty.
Mar 12, 2011
I had a hard time finding the the concentrate so I used a cranberry blend
Jan 9, 2009
This is a great recipe. The flavor is excellent. It is easy to make and reasonable.