VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 fresh beef brisket (4 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup dry red wine or beef broth
- 1 jar (24 ounces) marinara sauce
- Sprinkle brisket with salt and pepper. In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat. Brown brisket on both sides. Remove from pan.
- Add celery and carrot to same pan; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add wine; cook, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Stir in marinara sauce.
- Return brisket to pan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 3-1/2-4 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove brisket from pan. Skim fat from sauce. Cut brisket diagonally across the grain into thin slices; serve with sauce. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Beef Brisket Marinara in Simple & Delicious December/January 2014
Reviews forBeef Brisket Marinara
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 30, 2014
"Very easy recipe with fast preparation time. A ton of flavor and something unique for a brisket recipe"